Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smitten.

Hello, cyberspace! I've been skulking around Blogville for a while and decided it was time to out myself. So here I am, World Wide Web. I'm Erin and I like quilting. I can't help it. I'm smitten. I thought for a while about starting a blog, but couldn't really justify it. I mean, who'll read it? Who will care that I'm making quilts? And aren't blogs kind of...um, you know...lame? But I decided that I don't care who reads it. And I care that I'm making quilts. And Lord knows the threat of being lame has never stopped me before (for proof, see Erin's entire childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood). And, P.S. All of the blogs that I read are fabulous and aren't at all lame, so what am I afraid of?

In my sewing machine right now, this bad boy:

The spiderwebs are made of Kona Coal and AMH Good Folks. I can't wait to have it finished. It's the first quilt that I'm making for me, so I'm pretty stoked. It just needs its border and a backing, and then it's ready for quilting. I think I'm going to do something like this for the quilting. My sweet little sewing machine just isn't trustworthy enough for anything more hardcore than straight lines with a walking foot...

Well, I'm off to cut some fabric and watch this guy try to catch a fly:


1 comment:

  1. i love your blog...i just clicked on follow! i am excited to read more. what a sweet little puppy

    ReplyDelete