Friday, June 18, 2010

In a bind...

Between road trips, funerals, and birthday parties, I've had very little time to devote to this little corner of the WWW...or quilting, for that matter. However, yesterday I was feeling particularly motivated, so I finished some projects to the point that I'm providing myself with hours of road trip entertainment...

Binding...


Binding...


And more binding...



No rest for the weary! And did you see the back of that pillow? That's right, you saw stippling. Not very good stippling, but stippling nonetheless. All I had to do to make my sewing machine like doing free-motion was to buy different thread! She's like a new machine! Now I just need to practice so it doesn't look like I'm having seizures while quilting.

2 comments:

  1. is it a special thread for stippling? it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Gutermann 100% cotton...I'd been using Coats 100% Cotton, but the Gutermann was on sale at Joann's, so I thought I'd try it. When it's running through the machine it feels thinner & smoother, so maybe that's it...less bulk. I don't know, but I'm not switching back! It's pretty great. I just assumed my machine was too low-end to free motion well. We'll see if it can hold up to more than a pillow back.

    ReplyDelete